Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog
helps save lives!
Thank you to the Rotary Club of Tulsa for the use of this video

In January, we received a note from Principal Tanya Davis, on the heroic behavior of
two Celia Clinton Elementary students.

Recently, the Rotary Club of Tulsa purchased
Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog, a
children’s fire safety book, for each of Davis’ students. Sparkles, being the ever
faithful fire safety educator that she is, made the trip with Firefighter Dayna to share
her book and fire safety messages at the school.

Below is Principal Davis’ note:

“The other day one of our Kindergarten student’s house caught fire in the middle of
the night. She and her father both escaped. The father spent a few days in ICU for
smoke inhalation on a ventilator. After a few days out, she came back to school and I
had the chance to talk with her. I asked her how she got out of the house. She said, "I
crawled on the floor just like Sparkles taught me to." She got down on the floor and
demonstrated it to me right in the office floor. She said "smoke was everywhere and I
stayed low to get away from it."

Then, I was walking down the hallway on Monday and one of my third graders came
running up to me and said, "Mrs. Davis, my microwave caught on fire and I grabbed
my brothers and sisters and we got out of the house because we saw smoke." She
took a quick breath and then said, "Sparkles taught us to get out quick, so we ran
outside. My mom couldn't find us because we were all outside." She said "Firefighter
Dayna and Sparkles would be very proud of us." I told her I would email you and let
you know about this.”

Sparkles and I are thankful that the children and their families are safe. We appreciate
Principal Davis for sharing this fire safety story!

FOX 23 newscast
KOTV newscast
KJRH story
KOTV Evening News
Channel 2 News
Channel 8 News
Chicago Pet Directory Blog
Tulsa Public School Website
Book Bites for Kids
Superintendent's Bulletin
Tulsa Public Schools
Author Cheryl Rainfield's Blog
The Dalmatian Location
Kid Tested, Librarian Approved Blog

An article in the Tulsa World appeared on November 25th.
It may be read
HERE or by clicking on the photo below.

A few pictures from the event on November 24 may be seen HERE. Notes from
students at Celia Clinton may be found throughout the blog.

"After the Fire" Testimonial Videos:

Angelica and Dystiny's Story
Ken Riggins (Angelica's Dad)
Principal Tanya Davis, Celia Clinton Elementary
Cindy Finkle, Oklahoma State University, Fire Protection Publications
Mac Finlayson, Rotary Club of Tulsa Member

The children's fire safety book, Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog, may be purchased from

Thank you to Johnson County RFD #1, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, Principal Tanya
Davis and everyone at Celia Clinton Elementary, Oklahoma State University Fire
Protection Publications, and to all of the media that helped cover the story and help
share the fire safety message.
Firefighter Dayna Hilton
Firehouse Dog Publishing, LLC®
106 East Poplar Street, Clarksville, Arkansas  72830
Phone 479.979.7328 * Fax 479.754.8652
Press Kit
Two children from two families knew
what to do in a fire and attribute their
actions to what they learned from
Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog.
Angelica and Dystiny's Story
Channel 8 Newscast (Tulsa)
“Helping save children and their caregivers'
lives, one book at a time.”
"Sparkles the Dalmatian has her
paw on the pulse of fire safety."
                                      Chicago Tribune
Helping save children and their
caregivers' lives, one book at a time.
All rights reserved by Firehouse Dog Publishing, LLC®. No material on
these pages may be archived, retransmitted, saved in a database, reproduced,
or used without the expressed written consent of Firehouse Dog Publishing, LLC®
106 East Poplar Street, Suite 100, Clarksville, Arkansas 72830. Copyright 2008 - 201
106 East Poplar Street, Suite 100
Clarksville, AR 72830
Phone: 479-979-7328
Firehouse Dog Publishing, LLC®
proudly supports the
We want to hear from you! If the book, Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog,
helped save the life of someone in a fire-related situation, please
let us know by filling out the form